- Crunching the numbers: How many people have ever lived?
Why is math awesome? Because it answers questions like this one. Don’t worry, no spoilers ;-)
- The Pirate Bay: ‘The Battle of Internets is About to Begin’
TPB’s answer to the threat of a “Great Firewall” in Europe.
- 2011 Trends
LongoLounge.com’s annual logo design trends.
- How to Stop Worrying and Learn to Love the Internet
Wow, Douglas Adams already had a better grasp of the internet in 1999 than a lot of the people in decision-making positions have today.
- Silver Needle in the Skype
Since everyone was talking about Skype this week, I thought I’d include this very interesting presentation from Black Hat 2006.
- The History of Pretty Much Everything
If you like astronomy and/or physics, you’ll probably like this too.
- Anonymous: peering behind the mask
Pretty good article by Jana Herwig on Anonymous.
- Kill Math
While I don’t agree with everything said, this article does have some interesting points and a great visualization of integration.
- Satellite Images of North Korea Prison Camps Find 200,000 Living as Slaves
A follow-up to last week’s article by Amnesty International, because this is something we shouldn’t forget about.
- Are you living in a computer simulation?
That’s exactly the kind of question I want answered by Oxford’s philosophy department.