- The intolerance of the tolerant
Trying to shed some light on the perceived rise of intolerance towards Islam in northern Europe. I’m not sure what to think of this, but it’s interesting nonetheless.
- Nation Blanding: Hedonism and the Underselling of Beirut
Interesting piece on Beirut being sold as a party city.
- Don’t dumb girls down
When you talk to little girls, don’t enforce stereotypes by how you talk to them. I guess the same goes for boys and “being strong”.
- Caable reveals extent of lapdoggery from Swedish govt on copyright monopoly
Leaked cables show how the US actively influenced Sweden in regards of copyright policies.
- hackme: Deconstructing an ELF File
If you wanna see how to dissect an ELF binary to solve a hacking challenge, this is a good read.
Short text by Zadie Smith on the post 9/11 world.
- Anders Breivik’s spider web of hate
The Guardian features a map of sites Anders Breivik mentions in his manifesto and the sites they link to.
- Are jobs obsolete?
I agree, we shouldn’t treat the current information based society the same way we treated industria
- Chomsky: 9/11 – was there an alternative?
Noam Chomsky reflects on 9/11. Both of them.
- In China, Don’t Dare Help the Elderly: Adam Minter
In a country that always has been know to rever its eleder, this is a shocking new development.